Saturday, December 24, 2011

Impossible is Nothing

Tell me i can't do something and I will try that much harder. The proof of this is the success in running I have achieved. About four years ago I was told that I would never competitively again, that was when I was a sophomore in high school. I'll be honest it got me down for about a year. I believed what everyone said, the doctors, my friends, my family, people i barely knew, I let them take my dreams and passion away from me. 


The past year or so I have slowly been getting back into running. I went off to college and when things got hard well there I was running around campus. I couldn't run too much because of my knees, the one thing that I always let get in my way. I am upset that for so long I let my knees get in my way, the doctors said that i shouldn't run for that very reason. Finally I gave up with the feeling of pain, I have fought my way through it. Now look at me.


I moved back home from college in the middle of the semester this year for a personal reason. When I got over the hill I was climbing I went to the one thing that has always gotten me through all my hard times, running. I started running in local 5K races. And to the disbelief of many people I wasn't just running the races I was placing in some of them. Now am I some great awesome runner? No. But have I gotten through my hard times and not only that but I helping other with theirs. I am part of Team in Training. Helping patients and families that are going through the battle of cancer. I raise money to help them, I am running for a cure and for a reason besides myself! 


Look at me now, stronger than ever so much in front of me. I am going to show everyone that has ever doubted me that I can do anything that impossible is nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment